Career Center Honors FSU Student Employees
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — The Florida State University Career Center is set to host its fourth annual Student Employee of the Year Award Ceremony, honoring the work of student employees and their contributions to the campus community.
The event is held in conjunction with National Student Employment Week, which includes colleges and universities from across the nation. To be considered for the Student Employee of the Year Award, students from both the Tallahassee and Panama City, FL campus are nominated by a staff or faculty member and then chosen by a cross-functional committee.
"The Student Employee of the Year awards are an incredible opportunity for us as a campus community to thank our unsung student employees for the essential work they do to keep our campus thriving," said Matt Kilduff, graduate assistant, experiential learning and event coordinator.
The Career Center is excited to now offer a total of six different awards to student employees, after recently including a Graduate Student Employee of the Year Award. Each award is named after an aspect of the institutional seal or in honor of an exemplary alumnus and student employee:
- The Torch Award recognizes the student employee displaying exemplary customer service.
- The Vires (Strength) Award recognizes the student employee who consistently goes above and beyond job duties, taking initiative in their role.
- The Artes (Skill) Award recognizes the student employee who best demonstrates critical thinking skills in the workplace.
- The Mores (Character) Award recognizes the student employee who exemplifies outstanding professionalism in all aspects of the role.
- The Tony DiBenedetto Student Employee of the Year Award (undergraduate and graduate), named in honor of a former FSU student employee and prominent alumnus, is bestowed upon an outstanding undergraduate and graduate student employee that demonstrates strength, skill and character while delivering exceptional customer service and always going above and beyond the duties of the role.
This year’s award ceremony will take place on Monday, April 9th from 3 – 5 p.m. In an effort to continuously celebrate FSU’s student employees, The Career Center is encouraging FSU departments to share photos of their student employees using the hashtag, #NolesAtWork.
For more information on the Student Employee of the Year Awards, visit career.fsu.edu/SEOTY.