The Undergraduate Certificate in Leadership Studies is an 18-credit, interdisciplinary, multidimensional, and experiential program open to all Florida State undergraduate students. The certificate program prepares students for leadership in multiple contexts and uses practical experience and service-learning projects to frame leadership learning within the context of social change. Upon completion, the Leadership Certificate appears on students’ academic transcripts.
Why the Undergraduate Certificate in Leadership Studies?
- It provides opportunities to learn specific knowledge, skills, and values that can guide you through your collegiate journey and career path.
- It can supplement and enhance any major.
- Classes discuss various leadership theories and leadership in the context of social change.
- It provides opportunities for practical leadership and service-learning experiences.
- Upon completion, the Leadership Certificate will appear on your academic transcript.
Enrolling in the program
Each student who is interested in pursuing the Undergraduate Certificate in Leadership Studies must schedule an advising session prior to the end of their first semester in an LDR course. For more information on the certificate program and to schedule and advising appointment, please email Leadership-Studies@fsu.edu.
Each semester we identify several second-year master's students in the higher education program to serve as teaching assistants in the undergraduate Leadership Studies courses. These graduate students are able to apply their personal leadership learning gained in EDH Leadership Theory and Practice, a required course in their degree program.
We actively research and develop leadership studies courses offered to the undergraduate students across the campus.