Join us in person or virtually for FSU's 2023 Careers in Student Affairs events!
Careers in Student Affairs Month (CSAM) is an initiative that takes place each October. CSAM is dedicated to the celebration of a career in student affairs and helps educate future student affairs professionals. The goals of Careers in Student Affairs Month are to:
- Celebrate the field of student affairs through opportunities to reflect on individual journeys and experiences
- Provide professional development for student affairs administrators in higher education
- Encourage and promote the profession in order to grow the field of student affairs
- Cultivate spaces for dialogue related to pertinent topics within student affairs
Oct. 4 | Interested in a Career in Higher Education and Student Affairs?
Noon - 1 p.m. | Student Union 2211
Higher Education Student Association Grad Panel
Join moderator Johnnie Allen Jr. and hear from current graduate students in the higher education program about what it’s like, how the transition was, their journey, and to answer any questions.
Masters Student Panelists
- Dylan Fields
- Matt Anderson
- Derrick Woodward
- Sydney Pickett
Doctoral Student Panelist
- Darius Robinson
Oct. 10 | Q&A with Leaders in the field of Student Affairs
3 - 4 p.m. | Student Union 1283
Join Dr. Amy Hecht, Vice President for Student Affairs, for a moderated Q&A session that will include discussions about:
- Important issues in higher education
- Your journey into the field
- How Graduate School helped you
- What keeps you motivated
- How you can utilize what you already have to be successful in Graduate School/Positions
- Pointers and advice
Oct. 18 | What you need to know about the Graduate School Application Process
Noon - 1 p.m. | Student Union 1283
Join our Career Advisors as they get you started on the right path! Faculty from the College of Education will be available to answer questions about graduate applications.
- Dr. Cameron Beatty, Associate Professor and Program Coordinator
- Mackenzie Fisher, Assistant Director of Career Advising, Counseling and Instruction
Oct. 24 | Student Affairs Pros You Will Want to Meet
3 - 4 p.m. | Student Union 1283
Meet with Directors and Assistant/Associate Vice Presidents in Student Affairs to learn about their experience and find out more information about NUFP and the NASPA and Noles program.
- Pam Johnston, Dean of Career and Academic Planning at Tallahassee Community College
- Sarah Butler, Program Director, University Housing at Florida State University
- Chad Morgan, Director of Student Conduct and Community Standards at Florida State University
- Amy Haggard, Assistant Director for Title IX, Student Conduct and Community Standards at Florida State University
Learn more about Careers in Higher Education and Student Affairs:
- Get involved in the NASPA and Noles Undergraduate Fellow Program to learn more about the field of student affairs!
- Enroll in the Student Affairs Leadership course taught during the Spring semester as part of the Undergraduate Certificate in Leadership Studies. Contact Dr. Kathy Guthrie (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information